Saturday 5 May 2012

My Experience with Dubai Eye



When I was in year one, my group and I accepted to be interviewed by Dubai Eye, a talk radio station, to discuss different issues related to the financial crisis. Mr. Russell, my business teacher, informed me that the interviewer may ask us about different topics beside our research topic. What I really didn’t like about this interview is that it was a live recording and we weren’t provided with the questions previously L. This put me under stress and pressure and as a result, I spent my weekend with newspapers to gain a good knowledge about different issues that are related to financial crisis.

The good thing is that our teacher changed his mind at the last minute before going to the interview and decided to select students (interviewees) from different groups rather than just my group so that each of us can answer the questions that are related to our topics in a better way. During the interview, my nervous had decreased despite the tough questions and high English level the interviewer use to ask because we helped each other in answering questions through using our knowledge and research findings.

It was a new and great experience that gave me the chance to share my knowledge with other people and represent my college. However, I will not participate in these kinds of activities if questions are not provided to me earlier to be well prepared. 


2 comments:

  1. I remember hearing your interview in the MPH :)
    You have done a very good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of small challenges will make to face the real one

    ReplyDelete