Friday 13 April 2012

Exam at Emarat Petroleum

Since it is my last year in the college, I have applied for a job in many private companies and government organizations during the event of Careers Fair. Last week, Emarat Petroleum called me to inform me that on Wednesday 11/April/2012 there will be a short test held on their main building to examine my knowledge and decide whether to interview me for the job or not. I accepted that since Emarat Petroleum has a very good reputation in developing employees' skills and motivating them to improve their performances. The exam should start at 9:00 am but the company delayed it a little bit waiting for other job seekers to come. I was worried since I wanted to reach my college at 11:00 am sharp since I didn't want to miss Mr. Tridib's class in which he will cover the chapter that I am going to teach for the second project. We stated the exam at 9:15 am and we were students from different colleges and universities such as Dubai Women's College, Dubai Men's College and Zayed University. The company provided us with exam consisted of five papers including theoretical and numerical parts. The theoretical part included many questions shown in three papers such as define: Assets, liabilities, bank overdraft, depreciation, cash flow, bank reconciliation besides writing entries for some transactions. The numerical part contained fewer questions than the theoretical one such as: converting currencies, finding the average salary for the quarter and the discount amount of money using the discount rate given in the question. For me, solving numerical problems was easier than writing definitions. I took one hour answering the questions so I could attend MIS class. Emarat Petroleum told me that they will inform me about my results through a telephone call and I hope to get a job in their Finance Department :)




  

1 comment: